Applications for licensing under the Act should be submitted on the appropriate form. The following additional information should form part of all applications:
- Formation documents: A certified copy of the Applicant’s Memorandum of Association, Bye-laws and Certificate of Incorporation. Partnerships should submit a certified copy of the Partnership Agreement.
- Client Agreements: Copies of any standard client or management agreements, and standard fee agreements that the Applicant intends to use.
- Questionnaires: Appendix II - Questionnaire for Shareholder Controllers completed by all shareholder controllers of the company, together with Appendix III - Questionnaire for Senior Executives, Controllers and Directors.
- Business Plan: A statement setting out the nature and scale of the money service business which is to be carried out by the Applicant, and particulars of the arrangement(s) proposed for the management of that business.
- Group Structure: Applicants forming part of wider groups must provide an up-to-date chart giving full details of the group structure.
- Fees: A cheque or online payment representing the appropriate application fee.
- Policies and Procedures: The Applicant should submit policies and procedures which, at a minimum, should include:
- Regulatory Compliance;
- Corporate Governance;
- Anti-Money Laundering/Anti- Terrorist Financing;
- International Sanctions Compliance;
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan;
- Internal Systems and Controls for day-to-day operations; and
- Risk Management.
- Insurance: The Applicant should submit evidence of insurance coverage as required in section 32 of the Statement of Principles.